Unemployment FAQ

Q: How do I file for unemployment?

A: The proper way to file for unemployment varies State by State. Most States offers enrollment over the phone, in person and over the internet. The process is simple and usually involves your reporting past and future personal information to ensure your continue eligibility. If you would like to learn how to file for unemployment with our sponsored job loss tips and our top recommended unemployment links, Click here and create your profile! Please note: You can access your unemployment links without using our website service. This website is a free resource site. We receive compensation from our relevant sponsor suggestions. Support us by visiting these resources!

Q: What are your relevant sponsored job loss tips tips?

Unemployment is more than just benefits. It is a life transition, and its important to take advantage of all resources available. To help with that transition, we have partnered with third party relevant commercial sponsors, which allows us to provide this guide at no cost! These sponsors include: new health insurance policies, disability benefits advocates, bankruptcy consults, direct deposit card options, job resources, returning to school, and much more, to help with your immediate job loss transition. Please note: we receive compensation from our sponsor selections. See terms. UnemploymentCom sponsor choices are chosen based upon positive relationship experience and feedback from visitors!

Q: Am I eligible for unemployment?

A: This is a very important question because many people get denied unemployment benefits because they do not understand the eligibility requirements. To be eligible for unemployment you must have lost your job through no fault of your own. You also must have worked for a certain amount of hours to receive the maximum benefits. For exact eligibility requirements you will need to refer to your local unemployment office...Return Home

Q: What if I was treated unfairly in the workplace?

A: Unfair workplace treatment is never a good thing and you should not be subject to it. Try to have a good summary of your unfair workplace treatment in case you need to refer to it to prove your claim, or in order to sue your employer at a future date. An especially harsh working environment that forces you to quit could be construed as a constructive discharge that would make you eligible to receive unemployment benefits. Consult a competent employment lawyer if you wish to know all your legal options beyond that of your unemployment claim. Your local unemployment office can also answer questions regarding unfair treatment and eligibility to collect unemployment benefits...Return Home

Q: Do I qualify for any other programs?

A: There are many other programs that may be able to assist you. Each program has their own eligibility requirements. Examples of other types of programs are welfare, food stamps, grants, educational aid, social security benefits, private sponsors and more...Return Home

Q: Do I qualify for an unemployment benefits extensions?

A: Depending on how long you have been collecting unemployment you may have used up all that is available and will need to file an extension in order to continue to receive benefits. The good news is that congress has put in place unemployment extensions for up to 2 years out. In order to get the proper eligibility process underway to apply for an unemployment extension you will need to access your local unemployment office's resources...Return Home

Q: What are the tax consequences of collecting unemployment benefits?

A: Many people don't know that you have to report and pay taxes on any unemployment benefits that you collect. For detailed tax advice you need to either consult a tax attorney or contact your local unemployment office...Return Home

Back to Top